Saturday, May 9, 2009

Site Review

Paul, a buddy of mine getting his MBA, recently completed his first website as part of a homework assignment. When I recently saw him, he asked me for my humble opinion...

While I absolutely love the My Way page, I have to say I was not overly impressed with the home page, even with my expectations going in. Here are my thoughts:

1. Looks like Paul was going for the simple approach of completing this assigment. And thats great. So many sites have done simple well. Take Google or Craigslist. Problem with Paul's site is that it doesn't do simple well. It looks like a first website. Borrowing a simple look and feel from someone else would have worked well, and been maybe even faster.

2. We are in business school now, not elementary school. We need some originality. Where is the catchy name? Where is the logo? "Paul's home page"? How long did it take to come up with that one? A little branding would go a long way.

3. Again, back to business school. The internet is a place where money can be made. Even though this is just a first website, lets get some advertising on there, some sponsorships, to bring in some money. Who is opposed to making a few bucks while doing your homework?

I always try to let my actions do the talking, not my words. So I took my own advice here and applied it to Paul's site.

I give you ... www.pauggle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment