Silverlight 1.0, and subsequent 1.1, was released in 2007, and included support for mainly media-driven content sites. Version 2.0 introduces a wide variety of built-in controls and layout options that will bring the simplicity and familiarity of .NET Web Development to a rich client-side interface.
Here are a variety of resources I have assembled around Silverlight 2.0, from installation guides, to tutorials, examples, and sites.
- Silverlight Beta 2
- Microsoft Expression Blend 2.5 (March Preview)
- Microsoft Silverlight Tools Beta 1 for Visual Studio 2008 and Installation Tips
- Mix '08 Keynote given by Scott Guthrie and others and included a great showcase of Silverlight 2 sites.
- Mix '08 Session: Building Rich Internet Applications Using Microsoft Silverlight 2. This is an excellent presentation/demo given by Mike Harsh and Joe Stegman. Here are links to Part 1, Part 2, and Mike's blog post.
- First Look at Silverlight 2 is a great post by Scott Guthrie on Silverlight 2 including a sample Digg client application.
- Using Expression Blend with Silverlight 2 is another good post by Scott Guthrie on getting into this design tool for Silverlight apps.
- Jeff Procise delivers a nice MSDN Magazine article on Silverlight Tips and Tricks, touching on performance, installation, and other goodies.
- Deep Zoom is a feature in Silverlight 2.0. Hard Rock's new memorabelia site showcases it. Scott Hansleman has a good post about this site and the technology in general.
- Video featuring some of the previous and new Silverlight sites.
- PhotoZoom is a great site featuring Deep Zoom. You can upload photos, and it will stitch them together into an album and you can Deep Zoom away.
- A plethora of great examples are in the showcase at Microsoft's Silverlight site.