But something kind of slipped under the radar, at least in my opinion. Microsoft released a CTP of Visual Studio Team System Code Name "Rosario", the version of Team System that follows 2008. (Wait, isn't it still early 2008?)
Here are some of the highlights that will be included in "Rosario", either in the current CTP or future releases:
- Historical Debugging - support to go back to a specific point in time.
- Rule Sets - configure your projects to use various categorized sets of Code Analysis rules in your solution.
- Just My Code Profiler - support to exclude external framework and component calls from performance tests.
- Version History - ability to track changes across branches and merges.
- Add to Source Control - ability to drag/drop and add from outside mapped folders.
- Additional Metric and Dashboards - increasing project visibility.
- Build/Deploy Setup - integrated support to build setup packages.
- And a ton more...